What do you want to know about your campaigns?
There are large amounts of information on your campaigns spread across different data sources. By means of Qlik Sense, we collect the data from all sources and present them in one location. Now that we have collected the data, it is time for the next question; what do you want to know about your campaigns? Imagine you have implemented a new personalized mailing campaign called “Welcome” around six months ago. The idea of the campaign was to improve the customer experience by creating a personal vibe around their subscription. Now let’s see what type of insights we can expect from our new tool.
1. How well does our “Welcome” campaign perform (in comparison to my other campaigns)? The Campaign Insights Dashboard gives the user perspective on the performance of (sub)-campaigns. It highlights the campaigns which require additional attention. There are many toolings which supply this type of information, however the Insights dashboard offers a detailed cross sectional analysis where the user can compare different campaigns of each business units with each other.
Figure 1: Evaluate your campaigns with one look. Link the results to your targets thresholds or highlight the best performing campaigns by means of colors.
2. How has the campaign performance changed since our implementation of personalized emails, one month ago? In many cases, benchmarking campaign results with a previous period in time would require a lot of prep work. Through the central dashboard we hold all the cards with which we can evaluate campaigns through time and compare them to similar operations. In other words we can evaluate the “Welcome” campaign results over time, since its adoption one month ago.
Figure 2: Compare your campaigns over time and cross-reference the results with your targets.
3. How do the CTR and CTO vary for loyal customers as compared to your baseline? What percentage of these customers are android users from Amsterdam? These types of insights are usually difficult to acquire, mainly due to having data from several sources (CRM) and that the information is static. The Campaign Insights Dashboard allows you to drill down to the desired level, given that your data allows it.
Figure 3: shows the base spread over the Netherlands.
Figure 4: compare their results (CTO, CTR, unsubscribes, etc.).
4. What is the customers’ sentiment of your campaign (i.e. CloseAlert)? More specifically, what is their finding of your ‘welcome’-campaign over time? Most reporting tools show you what the performance of your campaigns is now, but how was this six months ago? In addition to showing these results over time, we also aggregate the results to show the overall sentiment per campaign instead of for each individual mailing.
5. Why is the sentiment of this specific email lower than the others? There are many factors which influence outliers in the performance results of campaigns. A significant factor is the layout of the emails. You remember last weeks’ email? How about the one from six months ago? This information is all collected in the Insights dashboard when available.
Figure 5: Compare your mailings and their results, revisit an email from the past and uncover the reason for its success/failure.
6. Which elements of an email are more/less appealing to the customer? We conveniently provide the total and unique amount of clicks per element in each email to show you the most successful aspects of each individual mailing.
7. Most of the times reporting is based on the past. What did we achieve last month? However, using the information in the past to predict the future is really providing insights! Which information is important to forecast the growth of the customer base? Often we want to provide different scenarios, a positive, a neutral and a negative scenario. Using this information we can use this dashboard to provide information on expectations, and answers questions like: How much growth do we expect next month? Which scenario’s can we divide?
If you recognize the issues mentioned above, it is probably you sitting at the resolute desk. Don’t be limited by campaigning tools which only show a partial picture. At Oxyma we provide you with all your information in one place, the perfect start to your presidential term.
If you are interested, feel free to contact Wieke Boonstra, Marketing Data Scientist Oxyma B.V. for more information: email@example.com or tel: +31651857055